I have my own somewhat compelling theories as to why soccer hasn't really caught on in the US. Mainly, it's because we treat it like a fun diversion for children and underwear models instead of recognizing it for the drunken, violent bloodsport that it is. If our nation would embrace hooliganism, soccer would be HUGE! (If you liked that, ask me about my theories on alien abduction someday; they're fascinating.)
My own family took to the lawn for some futbol just last night. It was gruesome!
She is standing right in the rosebush for that throw in!
I also think soccer would be a lot more popular here in the States if the larger players were allowed to grab the smaller players by the wrists and swing them to and fro to make plays, as demonstrated above by Daddo and Fi.
Super tiny referees would also be a real crowdpleaser.
Look at that form!
She just exudes bossiness.
Here, we see another modification that could be made to the sport: one player riding atop another player's shoulders mid-play. Who wouldn't want to see that?
1 comment:
I like the ref's pink water bottle ;-)
Post a Comment