Odometer: 10,191
Destination: Seeley Lake, Montana
Miles Travelled Today: 352
Total Miles Travelled to Date: 1,730
It snowed last night! We awoke to find the SuperRover covered in white. The roads were nice and snowy as well. We left so early that we just transferred the girls to the back bed, strapped Chachi in to his carseat, and took off. We had another big driving day ahead of us. It was an absolutely gorgeous, snow drenched morning, and I was a little disappointed that the girls were missing it. Madeline woke up about an hour in to the drive and her face was absolutely beaming when she saw all of the snow. Fiona came padding out not long after. They were fortunate to have awoken in time to see two moose trotting across a field.
A couple of hours into the drive, we got past the snow and into farmland. Then my turn to drive came up. Of course, I got the windiest, bridgiest stretch of highway in all the land. Not fun. I did see a billboard for the Testicle Festival though. I am about 80% certified on all motorhome operations now. I can hook up the Rover, operate the slides, level the coach, drive, and perform all basic functions. I have yet to learn to hook up the sewer and operate the cruise control. Pat says I can have cruise control privileges when I no longer “white knuckle it” over bridges. Not gonna happen, my friend.
We got to the cabin in Seeley Lake (or, according to Madeline, “We’re in Hannah Montana”) at around 3pm after picking Danny up at the airport in Missoula. They were headed straight to the job site, but were waylaid a bit when they had to repair a hole caused by a GIGANTIC metal spike in the front left tire of the SuperRover.
That’s about all there is to report. The girls think the cabin is a fun little playhouse. Maddie was in awe that the sink in the bathroom had real running water. We are stationed here for a few days, so I’ll try to make our lazy days seem exciting until we head up to Glacier on Saturday.
Our shy friend, Moose
Think "Willie Nelson"
Operation Spike-ectomy
Cabin Fever Girls Signing off
No comments:
Post a Comment