Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Crazy Road Trip: Day 15

Departure Time: 1:00 pm


Odometer: 10,543


Destination: Couer d'Alene, Idaho


Miles Travelled Today: 218


Miles Travelled to Date: 1,948


I had a lovely Mother's Day morning. I got some wonderful drawings from my favorite girlies, and then we had brunch at the lodge. All of that celebration of maternity delayed us just a bit, but we still got on the road within an hour of our original goal.


I can't believe we've been gone for over two weeks and are now making our way back home. I hope that the last days of the trip are just as fun as the past two weeks have been!




Some parting shots of our cabin. Please note the vintage kitchen carpet. Kitchen and carpet: two words that should never be adjacent to one another. It was a cozy place to stay. We really enjoyed it.





The kids' bedroom - Madeline commented that there wasn't "very much girl stuff" and that it was "mostly a boy room." The wood burning stove that we never used. Too much of a hazard with our little crazies running around.


We crossed from Montana into the home state of Napoleon Dynamite ("Because your eating all her steak and ruining everyone's lives!") at Lookout Pass. I almost had an infarction. The elevation was around 4,600 feet, and the drop off was straight down. Had we gone off the edge we surely would have plunged straight through the center of the Earth and come out the other side. I am so very glad that I was not driving. I tried to teach Maddie to say, "Idaho? No, U da' ho!" Daddo did not approve.
Napoleon signing off

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My friend Emily has that shirt. The Idaho, U da ho one :)