Departure Time: Noon-ish
Destination: Glacier National Park
Miles Travelled Today: About 257 by SuperRover
My kiddos lounging in bed. I managed to capture the look Maddie gets on her face right before she starts to get too rough and hurt somebody.
Some menacing creature stealing up on my unsuspecting Chachi. He is wearing the "Lock Up Your Daughters" shirt passed down to me by my friend, Kristi. I love that shirt!
Daddo and Mama take turns driving. Daddo looks much happier about it than I do.
Maddie fell asleep on Chachi's lap, and Fifi chattered the WHOLE way. She is showing us some leg ("Yoot at my yayd!") and singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. This is the "Yite ah diymahn een da sty" part.
The weather was awesome in Glacier for our little day trip. We were actually expecting a lot more snow, so we were dressed warm for the 60 degree weather. We were a little bummed that the Going-To-The-Sun Road was only open for 16 of its 50 miles, but we still got to see some really cool stuff. I totally have the hiking/ tent camping bug now. I could spend a year just meandering through the National Parks. Who's with me? Reimers (I know you're with me)? Paiks? Blomquists? Johnsons? Hanks? Baynes?
Part of McDonald Falls, I think.
Just the five of us
Fifi and Daddo's self-portrait #1
More rapids
I love this shot of Maddie looking up at the mountain peak. It gives a great sense of how steep the mountains are here near the Continental Divide.
The practical stuff - the girls snack on some Lunchables on the deck overlooking the river rapids and a pic of our pull out "changing table" in the back of the Rover. It is really designed for preparing food and such, but we've got diapers to change at this point in our lives, and this is the best way to do it on the road.
Seein' the sights
Charlie was super excited to go on this little hike into the forest. He was babbling in my ear the whole time: "ahhh, ehhhh, uhhhh, ehhh, ahhh." I think maybe he was trying to warn off the bears.
This is my favorite shot of his goofy little face. I also like that the sign saying "loop" seems to be pointing directly to him.
Pictures of the river from the hiking trail.
This little hike was my favorite part of the day. The trail took us into some pretty thick forest. It was so peaceful. It would have been much easier had we remembered to bring the Snuggly for Charlie and the backpack for Fi. I carried Charlie the whole way, and Pat carried Fi a good part of the way because she was "tired." We call this kind of fatigue "Fifi tired." It is basically just laziness and total lack of interest in physical activity. She pretty much registers about 80% of her emotions as hunger, 18% as being tired, and the remaining 2% as what they actually are.
More scenery from our hike
Chachi overexerted himself and passed out just as we were coming off the trail.
SuperRover poses on the bridge overlooking the river
I have no idea why I look so smug.
We found an unpaved road and were able to do a little bit of "offroading." It took us through some woods that had probably been burned in the big fire of 2003. I think this was Daddo's favorite part.
3 comments:
I feel like we have all the same Glacier pics as you guys... just insert members of our family. We loved Glacier!!! So amazing. And the sun road was pretty awesome.
PS- we're with you!
We are all ready for any hiking and or camping you want to do. Just let us know.
If Fi registers 2% of her emotions accurately, that's probably better than most adults!
Post a Comment