Odometer: Same as yesterday
Destination: Nowhere
Miles Travelled Today: ZERO (unless you count the 40 minute round trip car ride to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT)
Total Miles Travelled to Date: See Day 4
When we arrived at our campsite in the dead of night, I had no idea what our surroundings at Utah Lake State Park would be like. I opened the motorhome door this morning and was greeted by majesty (not the other campers, the mountains). Our very long and somewhat treacherous drive yesterday left me quite relieved that there would be no travel today. The kiddos and I took a mid-morning stroll to the lake while Daddo toiled away working back at the RV, and then I took a tip from my cute little blogger friend Cindy, who lives here in the great state of Utah, and we spent the afternoon at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. After we meandered through the tulips for a couple of hours, we took the girls to see the animals at the farm. Then, it was home for dinner and roasting mini-marshmallows (I forgot to buy the big kind). Fi proclaimed this her favorite part of the day, and Maddie heartily agreed. Charlie has been a fuss all day; he had no favorite part.
Do you know what kind of bird this is? I don't. I'll bake you cookies if you can tell me.
There is an airport somewhere very near our campground. The girls got very excited every five minutes when they saw a plane fly overhead.
Our photo shoot around the lake.
While we were playing at the playground and blowing bubbles at Fi's insistence, a group of Mallard duck and a few geese waddled out of the nearby reeds. They were definitely not timid creatures, and at one point I even got a little nervous as they seemed to be closing in on us. The last thing I want is to be attacked by a wild goose!
Our campsite
The girls cold chillin' in their Hello Kitty tent after lunch. I think Fi looks kind of gangsta.
TULIP FESTIVAL
TULIP FESTIVAL
She really does give new meaning to "tiptoe through the tulips."
The Dudes
Pondering the meaning of life.
Taken by Maddie
Two geese and their goslings. I was surprised at how close they let us get.
AT THE FARM
Fiona was the one who seemed so excited to see the animals, but she became very frightened and refused to ride the ponies
Charlie sure seems to be having a good time.
Marshmallow Girls
Maddie noticed this Y in the mountain and became transfixed by it.
Fiona asked me to take a picture of the moon. She loves the moon. I showed this to her and she said, "Tank yoo, mama."
Daddo signing off
4 comments:
Great pics! Oh, and the bird is an American Robin (Turdus-migratorius). I'm a little disturbed by the scientific name.
What a beautiful place! Great pictures.
Dang, someone beat me to the punch... that is most definitely a Robin - come on Steph, doesn't the bright RED BREAST give it away? LOL! =P
Oh I heart road trips Steph and your pictures have made me crave one. I know being on the road can be hard BUT these are the kind of experiences kids take with them forever and ever.
The pictures are great. I could never borrow your motorhome though because my kids would never wanna come back home.
Post a Comment