Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Crazy Road Trip: Day 2

Departure Time: 6:15am
Odometer Reading: 8930
Destination: Williams, AZ
Miles Today: 359
Total Miles to Date: 477

Today was a D&D day - driving and decompressing

Here I am preparing to set off for my first motorhome driving lesson. Daddo was ever so patient with me, and I got the hang of it in no time. Sometimes I would catch myself trundling along at about 70 mph. Other times it just felt like I was behind the wheel of a giant boat adrift at sea. Most of the time, I was just checking my mirrors and adjusting my seatbelt.

The girls are all snug in their seats, with plenty of snacks and diversions. Mama is behind the wheel on route 66 (Daddo's double Depeche entendre). I drove for about three hours before I tagged Daddo. The kiddos and I all piled in the back bed to watch Cars.


The Colorado River

Hello Arizona!

We don't really know what this is, so we are just calling it the World's second largest ball of twine.

We went from the desert to the forest in the matter of one hill climb.

Almost there!

After we settled in at the RV park, we went out exploring. We let the girls play at the playground and then sauntered around town a little bit. We ended up carrying Maddie and her bike back to the campground.


Our little monkey







These girls love to slide! Fiona got addicted after one trip down.


One of the cool old trains around the campground. Tomorrow is our big train ride to the Grand Canyon.

Baby Chachi signing off!

No comments: