Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Crazy Road Trip: Day 1

Departure Time: 10:51 am
Odometer: 8811
Destination: Grandma Joie's House - Victorville, CA
Miles Traveled Today: 118
Total Miles to Date: 118


Ok, so I guess we're really doing this. Day 1 has come to a close, and we are snug in our beds at Grandma's house. We had almost no traffic on the way here, which was a miracle. Upon our arrival, we engaged in the standard stuff-your-face-and take-a-nap routine that has become the hallmark of a visit to G-ma's house. Actually, Daddo had quite the busy afternoon of multiple trips to Radio Shack to procure the correct thingamabobbies to get the XM radio to work. It ended poorly. The girls played, colored and watched about 7 or 8 hours of Scooby Doo (Boomerang was having a marathon of every Scooby Doo episode ever, heaven for Madeline). All of this was topped off with strawberry pie and Grandma teaching Maddie to play video poker. We are scheduled to leave between 5am and 6am tomorrow. I'm supposed to drive. Yikes!


Our little family and our home for the next three weeks.







Charlie looks a little worried, the girls enjoy goldfish and coloring in the coach.





Fiona's strawberry pie face, Chachi is telling G-ma a funny story, Madeline takes an important call.


The children laid waste to Grandma's house in a matter of hours, no moments.

Maddie's art du'jour

Snuggling with Daddo

Hey kids, it's time to learn to gamble!



Bedtime for the sweet girlies


Fifi and Daddo saying prayers.



Mama Martinez signing off.

3 comments:

Stratton Family said...

I love road trips. hope you guys have a ton of fun!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you guys are off! Call me anytime you need to! I'm here for you, Babe (that's from Full House :)

Have a great trip!

Veronica said...

awe, & Charlie looks so comfy... who made that awesome camo blanket? ((wink, wink))... wait, I think I've used that joke before on you. Darn. So, is that YOUR RV or are you guys renting it? You guys are so brave!