Friday, December 7, 2007

Two Milestones in Two Hours

Fi had a big night tonight: she had her first call to Poison Control and walked for the first time. I found her in our bathroom with a near empty bottle of Swiffer Wet Jet cleaner that she fished out of the trashcan. She tried to suck it like a bottle. Apparently, it's fairly harmless in small quantities. Whew!

The walking thing is pretty weird. Just this afternoon I was telling Pat's mom that she wasn't walking yet, and then I decided to try to get her to take a step or two after dinner. Turns out she just needed some encouragement. I set her up arm's length away from me and she would take four, five, even six steps. She was really tickled by it. She would giggle and scream and then fall over into my chest once she reached me. Maddie was laughing so hard that she choked on her couscous.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Your blog is great! I don't know the first thing about html either, I just ask friends how to do stuff or find help on blogger tips. Trust me, I am far from computer savvy!! I love that Fi is taking her first steps, these pics are so cute. Oh, by the way, I "think" Aly's phase is over..she has slept late the past two mornings now! Phew! (or maybe it's just cause we purposely kept her up late! tee hee!) Thanks for the advice though...