Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Les Artitstes

Maddie's very dear friend, Annie-Bannanie, came over to hang with us last night. When I told her who was coming she exclaimed, " I can't believe it! I love Annie; her's so cute with her new wittle baby, Jiwl, and I love Jiwl!" Needless to say, she was excited.

After dinner the girls painted ornaments. Annie went with the "layers of color" technique - no brush rinsing in between colors for her - while Maddie preferred the "blocks of color" method. Maddie got kind of upset that I only gave her two paint brushes and insisted that I give her a blue and a green one in addition to her yellow and red. I thought it was kind of odd at first, and then after some time I realized that she was only using the paint brushes with the corresponding paint color. Once I explained to her that she could dip any brush in any color, the creativity really started to flow. Baby Fi was very upset that she wasn't allowed to join in. Maybe next year Fi. Both girls had a blast painting and managed to paint quite a bit of themselves in the process. After about 2 minutes in the bath there was a good amount of paint chunks floating around with them. Then they watched some Shrek (Annie's fave movie to watch at our house) before going nigh-nigh. We love little Annie. It will be so much fun when Baby Jill can join us!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Upon viewing your very sweet post, Annie said, "I play her! I play Maddie! I play Stephy!" Annie obviously had such a blast with you guys. Thanks for loving her!