We took some pictures for no particular reason last night. Mainly, I was trying to get Fi to make her "little monster" face, but had only marginal success. They both just look kind of crazy. I do have a funny story from this past weekend that I can tell though.
The scene opens on me, Maddie, Fi, the double stroller, four large pizzas, and three six packs of soda (oh yeah, and a fruit salad). Did I mention that we were in a parking lot? As I was loading everything into the car, Madeline broke rule #1 of parking lot behavior: feet on the white line and freeze. She had wandered about 6 or 7 feet away from the car and was pirouetting right in the middle of the traffic lane. So, I yelled at her, right? Something along the lines of, "Get back here, madame, we do not play in parking lots!" This initial outburst was likely followed by some sort of chastisement, the specific content of which I cannot remember, but I'm sure it was pretty darn stern. She launched into classic brat mode and crossed her arms over her chest while sporting a most sour look on her face. As I was strapping her into her carseat, she muttered under her breath, "I'm gonna tell Dad about this. This is not good!" Instead of being the adult and ignoring her threat, I handed her my phone. "Go ahead; call him," I retorted, "you will be in so much trouble for going out in the parking lot like that!" Her response to this leads me to believe that she will be either a defense attorney, a politician, or a criminal. She took the phone, looked me right in the eye, and calmly replied, "No, I'm just going to tell him about you." Her plan was to call her dad, my husband, and try to get me jammed up by telling him only the parts of the story that made me sound like a mean mom. Hmmh, think again sister!
3 comments:
"Kind of" crazy? Fi looks downright psychotic in that last picture! It makes me wonder two things:
1. Does she make that face so often that it is now normal to you?
2. What kind of face would she have to make to be "all the way" crazy? I'm not sure I want to see it.
Oh little Fi monster...
what glamorous young ladies you have here!
Oh, & as for the story, it had me cracking up. You have amazing story telling abilities!
Post a Comment