Saturday, December 15, 2007

Madeline Takes the Stage: Part 2

It's not often that sequels are better than the original, but our little star managed to pull it off. She had her preschool Christmas performance this past Tuesday, and I am pleased to report that, aside from some minor gaffs, she was a delight on stage. She sang for most of the time and acted out the requisite choreography. I figure I have at least a few months to work out the following bugs before the next big show:

1) Thinking she's above it all - Doesn't she have an "I'm too cool for school" attitude here with her nonchalant expression and hands in her pockets? She also kept singing about "Jesus Pryst." Who is that?


2) Incorporating a striptease - I bought her this really cute fur-lined vest at Old Navy - yes Sarah, I copied you. Well, she refused to just leave it on and sing. She kept taking it off and putting it on, peeking at us through the armhole, and even trying to convince the other kids to hold it for her. Finally, one of the teachers got wise and took it away.


3) Narcolepsy - I know; it's a chronic problem for her. I might not have it completly handled by the next gig, but I'll sure try.

4) Nosepicking - She really went for it here. In about 10 years, she's gonna hate me for taking these pictures - and posting them on the internet.
5) The "Hi Daddy!" - This little glitch gets to stay. It's too cute. In the pic on the right, she is telling her friend, Rylan, "That's my Dad!"

No comments: