Saturday, November 17, 2007

Turtleface turns 1!

Ok, so she doesn't really turn one until Tuesday, but it still seems impossible. Only in light of the following empirical evidence do I accept the premise that my infant daughter has survived a full year on this topsy-turvy planet:

1) Her birth certificate indicates that she was born on November 20th, 2006

2) On November 20th of last year, I was in unbearable, epidural-less pain, near psychosis, screaming at a nurse that I was going to punch my husband in the face. I remember her being born within an hour of these events.

3) She has sprouted about 6 teeth in the last 2 weeks. Seriously, she had two teeth for about 6 months, and now she has a whole head full.

4) Maddie keeps saying things like, "Her's a big girl now."

I guess I have to face reality and accept that this tiny newborn is 1. :( We had a turtle party because we call her Turtleface; she makes the cutest turtley face sometimes!




Chug, chug, chug!


Fi, Gigi, and Grandma Margred



Tyler & Maddie



The cake transporters. Their mission: don't drop it; don't lick it.



She did NOT want to get cleaned up after smashing her cake. She wanted to go directly to eating it. She polished off an entire piece.


She went into a sugar coma and fell asleep right after cake, so we had to open presents after everyone left. She got lots of cool stuff. Lots of Little People stuff. Hmm, have some of you been reading the blog?


"I waste no time; the play starts now!"




Dad says: "Party's over!"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Fi! I guess it's tomorrow, but I'll say it today. I just put a link to your blog on mine. That makes it so much easier for me to remember to check yours.