Yes, she is telling the truth; we are having a new baby! Here's what you're dying to know:
1) It was a bit of a surprise. Not a total shock, how did this happen, Pat asking me who the father is and calling by my maiden name sort of surprise, it just was not planned. We have been talking about the possibility of a 3rd for awhile, and have been praying for God to guide us and provide a clear answer on what we should do. This is pretty clear.
2) We both kind of want another girl. We were not "trying for a boy."
3) We are due January 22, 2009.
4) We had the first ultrasound this morning, and everything looks A-OK (which at this stage means it has a head, a beating heart, and a butt).
5) Mama feels pretty trashed. Again with the nausea and exhaustion. Although, this time the nausea does not seem quite as intense. It's still early though. Pray for me.
6) Maddie is excited for the new baby. She wants to clean it off when it comes out and feed it a bottle. Whenever she talks about what she wants to do with the baby, she adds the disclaimer, "But I know it's gonna be a long time before the baby's here."
7) Fiona doesn't know what the heck is going on.
8) My dear husband, Patrick, had been absolutely amazing. He's pulling quadruple duty, taking care of work, himself, me, and the girls. Normally, he takes care of the money making, and I take care of the house and the people in it. Some of you may think this is a bit old-fashioned, but it works out well for us. He has been coming home from work, getting the girls fed, putting them to bed, and then doing dishes and laundry on top of it all. I love him so much and I am so grateful to have such a devoted husband.
I am excited that I get to put up all of the cool tickers and calendars and hoopla. Don't forget to take our first poll, boy or girl, you decide!
4 comments:
I don't know what to say except, "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!".... oh, that & congratulations!! I'm very happy for you guys & I pray that you get an easy break on the nausea this time! Keep us updated...
(Kudos on the fun way to announce it!)
Yay!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. What a blessing.
Congrats to all four of you!! What a cute way to announce it!! Oh, and on #4, it's very important that it has a but!!
Jared and Jen
I thought I had commented before, but I guess it was all in my head. I had a feeling this was coming. Your comment about the nausea on my post, and your " been very lazy about posting the last bit of May. More on why another time." was kind of a give away too.
I am very excited for you guys. You are terrific parents.
Pregnancy sucks, but in the end, God has a way of making us forget by creating such beautiful tiny miracles.
I can't wait to meet this little person.
Do you know about the place in Costa Mesa that will tell you at 13 weeks what you're having for $25? If not, email me and I'll send you the info. I found out at 12weeks, 6 days when I was having Mack. Crazy. I'm so impatient!!!
3 girls would be so much fun, but I'm wishing for a boy only so that you will have a few extra minutes in the morning not stuck doing 3 girls hair!!!
I almost forgot - Pat calling you by your maiden name cracked me up. Brad does that too!
Post a Comment