Monday, July 26, 2010

Nikon!

We finally got a new camera! (Choirs of angels singing here) The best part is that we bought it almost entirely with reward bonuses from our credit card. (Heavenly trumpets heralding here) We went with the Nikon D5000, even though we had a few people tell us that Canon is the only way to go. Look folks, I'm not a professional photographer; I just want some pictures of my kids that aren't dark, blurry, or taken about 3 seconds too late. I really like the way the Nikon feels when I hold it, which is a big deal for this lefty. You righties have pretty much built everything in the dang world caddywompus, including the Canon. So, Nikon it is. Enough about the camera; here are some pics from our latest beach trip.

Chachi christens the new camera with his sandy grin.




For those of you who know Fiona as a quiet, thumb sucking church mouse who clings desperately to the folds of mama's skirt, please know that this is what she's really like.

Madeline's new favorite pose - It seems to say, "Hello world!"

I'm sure I've mentioned Madeline's ridiculously athletic physique before, but check out this middle shot. Really, those legs could easily deliver a roundhouse kick to the face that would surely kill a man.

Monkey see, monkey do


Not sure how I feel about the new camera so vividly capturing my freckles and crooked front tooth.

The little old baby man and the sea


Kings of Rock, bro!


The girls spent the chief of their time digging for sand crabs and holding them captive in a large blue tub in which they had created a sand crab habitat, complete with a bathtub and sand slide. Fiona named this one "Tik-tik" because it tickled her hands when she held it.

Just a little ravishing beauty to enhance your day (C'mon, you know by now that I'm not modest about my kids!)

Another one for Daddo, who seems to overly enjoy imperfection and dirty hair.

"BAHWL!"


Chachi is king of the dashboard.

RV, sweet RV. (Casey, please note the open storage compartment. Evidence of entry was found. YIKES!)

Sandcastle building - It struck me as I sat on the beach watching children of various ages dig holes, collect an stack rocks, haul buckets of sand, build things, and fight against the waves, that children love to work. I don't understand why we try to shelter them from doing the difficult physical labor they so obviously thrive on.

Deep in thought, pondering the finer points of castle construction.


This is the sass face I love!

Chachi and his boat enjoying the fruits of his sisters' labor.

STICK!

We had many visitors on Saturday, among them the Reimers, the Renshaws (Casey's folks), and the Misters McCallen and Fabiano, who came bearing wine and yummy desserts. Chachi took a shine to Dave, and they frolicked in the waves, much to Chachi's joy. This is where I would usually taunt my Midwestern and East Coast friends about our beautiful coastline and the fact that I had recently enjoyed some In-N-Out, but it was so overcast for most of the days that it hardly feels right to do so. (But, I did really enjoy that In-N-Out!)

Kylie getting some love from her Mimi.

Me and my Fi-monkey




So many pretty girls!
Casey and me - please disregard my windblown bangs.

And so, as our day slips away and makes room for night, the sun sets on the fishermen, the tide lays claim to our glorious fortress, we bid adieu to Fabio and Dave, the wine bottle melts in the fire, the children snuggle up for a bedtime story, and we all pray that we will remain safe from the clutches of this man...

2 comments:

Sar said...

Hmmmm... is this the same trip that I heard about? It seems that you left out some details :)

Stephanie said...

Yes, we are trying to only remember the happy times!