Monday, September 1, 2008

Two Hours of My Life I'll Never Get Back

I don't know if this is my husband's idea of a funny joke, or if he wanted to memorialize my mad skills as a room cleaner, or if he just wanted some sort of proof that our children are, in fact, animals, but he took these pictures of Maddie's room before and after two hours of cleaning. I am not kidding. The time stamp on the first picture is 10:14:53 and the last picture is 12:15:15. Room cleaning was one of the many things I slacked off on in the month of August, and the result was an almost insurmountable mess. If I look cranky here, it's because I am. Madeline was too tired to really help much; plus her arms, back, legs, and head hurt. And she was cold. And hungry. And the books I asked her to put back in her bookshelf were too heavy. Fiona helped. As soon as I would get something put away neatly, she would take it back out again for me. When we finished, Maddie got a dreamy look in her eyes and said, "I want to keep my room this way forever." Yea, me too.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I usually reserve the last 45 mins before Brad gets home for cleaning up the myriads of toys/books/ [insert general kid crap here]
Forget organizing. Just get it out of the way! Well, this weekend he had 3 days off in a row. By day 3, he was SO mad at us yelling stuff like, "I'm so sick of picking up after all of you!" Ummm, yeah Brad, that's why I only do it once a day. I love him to death, but go back to work!

Veronica said...

Landon & Aly's room looks like that every single day, no matter how much I pick it up!! I love how previous commentator states, "forget organizing. Just get it out of the way!" That's sort of my everyday attitude & then about once a week or so I suck it up & organize. Sometimes, if the kids are whiney & bored I clean their room for the sole purpose of giving them something to do... tearing it up again keeps them out of my hair for a little while!