Sunday, July 13, 2008
Self-Portraits
We were all wiped out after the excitement of the DSI picnic, so the girls went straight from napping in the car to napping in bed when we got home. So did Mama and Daddo. After a couple of hours, I woke up to the sounds of Madeline stirring in her bedroom. Falling asleep in the car and then being transferred to her bed in her sleep threw her for a loop. When she woke up, I heard her say, "What? I slept in my clothes, and my door is open!!!!" She was convinced that it was morning and that she had slept through the night. She came into our bedroom to announce this to us, and when she saw me and Pat lying in bed, it further confirmed her belief. No matter how much proof we offered her, she refused to believe that it was night time and that she had just woken up from a nap. She kept insisting that Patrick get up and make her breakfast. It took a good hour or two for her to change her mind, and I'm pretty sure that was just because the sun started to set. In the meantime, we had a little family self-portrait session in bed.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are precious!! How fun!!
Post a Comment