Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Her Bit Herself

The other day, we had a picnic out on the front porch. Since Baby Fi is a messy little monster, she was securely fastened into her portable seat, unable to escape the evil clutches of her sister. So, I went inside to throw some stuff away, and Fi let out a piercing shriek, followed by complete silence while she caught her breath, and topped off by a desperate howl. No sooner did this occur, than Madeline appeared in the kitchen and announced, "Her bit herself!" Right. Obviously, she has yet to learn the the fine art of avoiding self-incrimination. I'll admit, I did a little lying myself; I told her that I saw everything and that she needed to tell me the truth. Under my formidable interrogation, she finally confessed to biting her sister. Here she is paying her debt to society in "time out."

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is too funny. My cousin's daughter (4 1/2) tried to blame her sister (who was about 15 months old) for writing (really big) A I V I L O on their brand new painted walls with a permanent marker. Well, let's see who's name is Olivia you ask? Not the younger sister's name. She was writing right to left instead of left to right. Classic!