We took a little excursion out to Arroyo Grande to help Patrick's Grandma Pat celebrate her 80 fun-filled years here on earth. The scariest part of the day was the digital picture slideshow someone had put together to display during the party. There were some pretty old pictures in there. How old, you ask? Let's just say that in the picture of Patrick and I, we both had bangs. Yikes! Grandma Margred and Aunt Athena got to spend some time playing with the girls. By "playing" I pretty much mean that Maddie had grandma at her beck and call all afternoon. She would wander over to me every once in awhile and ask, "Are we leaving yet?" When I answered no, she would grab Margred by the hand and say, "Come on, Grandma; it's not time to leave yet." Maddo also had a great time playing Baby Eagle and Mama Eagle with her cousin, Ayla. They flapped around and gathered acorns. Fiona, on the other hand, was pretty clingy and cranky. Maybe it's because she was working on a 103.5 fever that lasted for about 4 days. I suspect it was Roseola, because after the fever broke on the 4th day, the telltale rash appeared on her face, chest, and tummy. At least it wasn't strep! Anyway, we were glad to get to see the family and share Grandma Pat's special day with her.
Grandma Pat with a reluctant Fiona and distracted Madeline
5 comments:
Man we are good looking. I think after nearly 16 years we may have perfected the Self Portrait...
-husband
The trick is learning to suck in your double chin. I just noticed that Maddie looks like she is about to give Grandma Pat rabbit ears.
I think it's funny that you and Pat are communicating via blog comments.
Cute pics, by the way.
Well, with how bad cell phones are, my schedule, and 2 kids always screaming in the background on her end, we do what we can. Email, text, blog comments, homing pigeon, smoke signals, pony express, 220, 221, whatever it takes...
-husband
I LOVE that I click on your blog and hear Depeche Mode. When I heard the first few notes, I swear it was 1989 all over again... took me right back to middle school.
Post a Comment