Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Out of Context



A few weeks ago, we were talking with some friends (Hi Reimers and Barretts!) about the off beat things said in our home, and how they are infinitely funnier out of context. Some of these sound kind of dirty, but that is not our intention. Here is just a handful:

- We don't drink water off the shower floor!
- Don't rub your banana on me.
- She is not a doll; do not pose her, do not pull her, do not....pose her!
- Get your nuts off the couch!
- Keep your hand out of your pants!
- Don't lick that!
- Those aren't my pantaloons. Those are my cover-up helper underwear so you don't show everything out!
- Don't stretch your worm out like that.
- Where's Dad? I don't know! I killed him!
- Hey, why are you naked?
- We don't eat foil!
- We don't touch Mommy's goodies.
- No sucking on sister's shoes!

And, believe me, that's is only a fraction of it. I wish I could remember it all. It would fill volumes. Oh, and the pictures, I just wanted to add a little pizazz, just in case you didn't get enough pizazz already.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just caught up on your blog. I so enjoy reading it! My goodness! There's too much to say. I've been a total blogging slacker of late. I'll just say 2 things, then I'll try to regularly keep up: 1) I almost always eat one thing at a time also. And, yes, the meat has to be last. Doesn't it? and 2)I am bugged not by apostrophes but by common spelling errors. Even in the comment section, a red line appears under something you think is spelled wrong. Take a second to proof your work. And the improper use of the words there, their, and they're. It's not that hard people!
It's been too long! We should get these girls together. Her nightly routine is cracking me up! She's got "personality!"