How many children does it take to level a motorhome?
The first weekend of March in the Martinez House means TDS Off-Road Safari. We join up with our homies from the 909 and go wheelin'. This year me, Pat, and the girls went out a day early to stake out a good camp site for our group. Not taking a nap for the entire four hour drive took its toll on Fiona, who I found lying lifeless in the trailer soon after we arrived. The first thing I saw when I came around the corner was her feet and the fact that she was entirely motionless. I feared that she may have found and consumed some sort of automotive chemical and poisened herself, but in truth she had just collapsed from exhaustion. So far, so good...
...until she woke up. She went ahead and took a tumble, end over end, down all four motorhome steps. It was like a slow motion stunt scene from a movie. I dropped the dishes I had in my hand and attempted to rescue her, but for every step I got closer to her, she bounced down another level until she ended up on the ground below. I was pretty shaken up and so was she, but she was relatively unhurt and lived to fight another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment