
Let's just say she has a bit of flare for the dramatic. Last night she turned off all the lights in the living room except the art light and stood on the fireplace hearth to deliver her sermon. My best guess is that she was re-enacting her experience of chapel. Her preschool class attends chapel every Tuesday, and from what I gather, they are loud. She was making a lot of grand gestures and telling all of the "kids" that they weren't supposed to be talking and telling others that they were the "quiet ones." Mind you, she shouted every word of this. She also sang some nonsense song and talked gibberish while holding open her Bible (maybe she has the gift of tongues!).
Lately, she has started asking me if I can be quiet so that she can read her Bible. Even if I'm not making a sound, she'll turn to me and ask, "Mom, can you be quiet, 'cause I can't read my Bible when you're making noise." Then, she flips it open and begins "reading" it with this greeting: "Dear Jesus." Here are some other things she has "read" to me or told me about the contents of her Bible:
1) It says that you can't say "Oh my God" or "stupid" because that's just not nice, but you can say "Oh my gosh."
2) It is a cookbook and she is going to decide what recipes to make.
3) It has pictures in it of her and her friends dressed up as clowns.
2 comments:
That is hysterical! I love the picture; I can actually feel the seriousness (is that a word?) of the situation. The Bible would be one HUGE cookbook. Love your blog even though I don't get a chance to comment very often!
If Madeline delivered the sermon with that kind of flair for the dramatic Saturday night service would be packed! Love the picture!
Post a Comment