Saturday, January 12, 2008

Auf Yours!


SPOILER ALERT: The wrongly auf'd party of this week's Project Runway is named here. Read at your own peril!

It is a travesty, a blight on the reputation of Project Runway. I am dismayed and sickened. Our beloved straight-man, Kevin Christiana, was eliminated this week, and as far as Pat and I are concerned, it's a bunch of BS (Sorry, I had to sell you out as a big, fat PR fan honey. Your outrage will lend some weight to my rant). And, they let the smarmy robot, Victoria, win. How was she even in the top two with her bedazzled little babydoll number? It wasn't bad, but it wasn't even as good as Sweet P's dress. And how did they overlook Kit? I think that her dress was definitely the cutest, and edgiest, and most "fashion forward." Maybe the judges had mini TVs in their pockets and they were watching a runway show that was taking place in a land far far away. Maybe they were watching a series where Ricky didn't land in the bottom two week after week with his hideous, poorly constructed pieces of garbage. How is this guy still around? It's maddening! They seem to have no compunction about casting their pearls before swine. That's right; I'm getting biblical about Project Runway. Somebody pray for me now.

I have to admit that I'm really growing fond of Christian though. I really felt for him having to deal with that she-beast of a client this week. Having taught high school for several years myself, I'm familiar with this breed of know-it-all wannabe pseudo grown-up who thinks she knows better, but has zero skill or life experience to back it up. I think he actually handled her well considering his outspoken personality. You have to know that it took every ounce of self-control he had not to tear that girl to shreds.

So, in short, boo to PR this week. If you want to read Kevin's really funny exit interview with Entertainment Weekly, follow this link:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20170434,00.html

It also confirms that I am not crazy in believing he is Joey Fatone's separated-at-birth twin brother.
Adieu.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think EW has been reading your blog.