Well, even though I had some sort of superbug and slept for most of the day on the 4th, we still managed to get out of the house that evening and join the Reimers, the Barretts, and the Schramms for some pretty sweet fireworks action. Maddie and Katie amused themselves by running around in circles with their glow bracelets (I think they were re-enacting the battle of Jericho), while Kylie and Fi sat quietly and tried to roll down the hillside, respectively. Rick provided the music and entertained us with his gadgetry, and Casey was up to her usual tricks with some sort of butterscotch cookie concoction. Delicious! Pat and I mostly took turns yelling at Maddie and retreiving Fi. The fireworks themselves were pretty advanced; they came out in the shapes of cubes and happy faces. How do they do it!?!?! Happy Independence America!
Maddie in her PJs, waiting for "God to put the sun down, so we could see the fireworks."

No comments:
Post a Comment