One of Daddo's favorite activities to do with the girls is to hang out in the garage. I haven't had the heart to tell him that he only has about five more years before one or both of them will be way too cool for this. I figure I'll let him enjoy this special time while it lasts. There are totally different rules when you're in the garage with Daddo, and there is absolutely no regard for how dirty one might become while playing with greasy tools, climbing around in the greasy car, or rolling about on the greasy floor (although, I do award him major points for putting a blanket down for Fi to play on, even if it was a grungy garage blanket). My job is to basically stay out of there. If I do venture into the lair, I must avoid saying things like, "Is she supposed to be doing that?" and "Are you sure it's alright for her to play with that?" It is definitely Daddo's domain, and I know that it is best to let him do things his way. Anyway, on this day Maddie and I were napping our heads off, and Daddo and Fi got some nice quality time to hang out and play. He is always so good about remembering to take pictures of the times when they're just chillin' and not doing anything particularly special. I am really thankful that they have this time and this place to enjoy each other's company and get to know each other without the watchful eye of Mama intruding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whenever Cate is with Brad in the garage, and I'm in there too, she always asks me when I'm leaving. There's no competition, so I make myself scarce. Sometimes I bring them lunch and they pull down the beach chairs and have a picnic.
Post a Comment