Friday, July 27, 2007
The Argument for a 3rd Child
As I emerged from the bottomless pit of household chores this morning, I happened upon this little scene on the dining room floor. In case you can't really tell what the setup is, let me explain: Madeline has tied one end of her toy Home Depot tape measure to her pink princess pillow and given the other end to Fiona to hold. She makes sure that the tape is taut, and she takes a flying leap over it. She has to stop every few seconds to admonish Fiona to hold her end up higher so that the jump is difficult enough to showcase her stunt prowess. Talk about the joy of motherhood! Seeing this reminded me of why it is great to have kids. And the argument for one more should be clear. They need a third child to hold up the end of the tape measure that is presently tied to the pillow. This third child will also come in handy for jump rope, chinese jump rope, and other games requiring three, like "lets form a duo and gang up on one of the others." Good times, good times. On a random side note, Madeline ocassionally just blurts out the words "Home Depot." Should I be worried? 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Classic!! The Osh by our house is being turned into an Andre Agassi 24-hour fitness, and now when we drive by it, Cate says, "I am still SO sad that the Osh is gone. That was my favorite store." Now her and Brad are off to Lowe's for their weekly outing. When I was little, I remember going to Ace Hardware with my dad to get a "green pop" (7-up) It's a rite of passage for girls and their dads. It sounds like it's Home Depot for your girls. And definitely go for a third. What if the first 2 end up to be screw-ups or worse yet don't provide us with any grandchildren. That's my argument! I must be getting old - looking forward to grandchildren...
Post a Comment