Saturday, March 21, 2009

Viva Firenze!

It turns out my husband can take a hint ;) ! I casually mentioned that I might enjoy having my birthday dinner at Top Chef sensation Fabio Viviani's restaurant, Cafe Firenze. Afterall, it is just a few short minutes drive into Moorpark. I might have also nonchalantly dropped this piece of information into a conversation or two with my sister, knowing that she would immediately report this information to my husband. Success! I still wasn't entirely sure that was where we were going, so on the way I kept trying to get Patrick to reveal some clues about our destination. I finally knew for sure when he said, "When you think of world class cuisine, think Moorpark." That Fabio is one hard worker! Our waitress said we could just walk up and ask him if we wanted a picture, so I did. He said, “Okay, les doow eeet.” Then he got busy for a minute or two checking dishes that were about to go out. When we finally took our pic, I could tell that he was trying very hard to be gracious and not rush us away, but he was truly busy. Here we are:



No comments: