Sunday, March 8, 2009

TDS 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year, again. TDS Off-Road Safari time!!!! To be honest, I don't have a whole lot to say about the actions this year, as I was stuck back at camp with a limp-necked newborn. While I would have much rather been riding the trail with hubbo and my girls, Charlie and I got to have some quality alone time on his first ever camping trip. I also got to read The Great Divorce, by C.S. Lewis. Man, Jack can write! What an imagination on that guy! Anyway, here are the myriad pics from the trip.

Back At Camp

Tom, Jared, and Patrick hanging out waiting for the fun to start.

What are these guys staring at?

The masterful and superior cooler mount fabricating skills of Chris Rashke

The trusty steed

The girlies all suited up and ready to go for a ride in the "whino," as Fi calls it.


We're not sure if Tom was just relaxing in the morning sun, or if Robyn made him sleep outside all night.



The girlies enjoy some dirt.

Lyn: He's possibly the coolest old guy ever.




Maddie and Ashlyn / Maddie, Rich, and Alison

Charlie's main source of amusement was sleeping and flailing his arms and legs about.



Fiona is soooooooo cool!

Doesn't Jen look good holding a baby???

Alison's battery powered Jeepette was a huge hit among the children. She was very gracious to share it with the girls. Fiona repaid her by running down her baby brother, Max.


GEOCACHING
As far as I can tell, it's solely designed to hone one's GPS skills and find Happy Meal toys. In any event, we were glad that Jose and Talia came out to play. The kids seemed to really enjoy the geocaching. I think Maddie looks very official in her capacity as GPS holder.






My beautiful daughters




The stunning Talia and Fiona

More of my gorgeous and sassy girls

The biggest kid of all

ON THE TRAIL
I don't have much to say about this part since I wasn't there. But, it looked fun and they all came back in one piece, so I'm happy.

Daddo and Fifi.

Jen and Robyn - Truckhaven's Next Top Models

Now that's how you throw a kid in a vehicle!






Suk yer thumb, pinch yer neck!

Tom & Robyn



Robyn is attacked by a swarm of children





La Familia Howell - Jared n' Jen, Lyn & Kimmie, Jared

She's done!
CAMPFIRE
We're never really satisfied with just an ordinary old campfire. It has to burn hot enough to melt a baby and burn up any odd refuse that may have collected around our various homes throughout the year: old closet doors, pallets, coolers, trash barrels, etc. The first two nights it was far too windy to even venture outside. But, Robyn then arrived and brought calm weather with her, so we were able to finally enjoy reminiscing by a nice fire. This was baby Charlie's first ever Ultimate Campfire.





Robyn is protected from the intense heat by a solid wood panel.

Robyn and I relax by the fire with our blanket bundled babies.


Jen incinerates a marshmallow.






Mommy, Charlie, and Fi.


BEDTIME
Wheelin' takes it out of these girls. They return as tired little dirt balls from a long day on the trail.

Mugatu is very happy it's bedtime
Night Time

Morning Time

No comments: