Saturday, May 24, 2008

All The News That's Fit To Print

The Daddo and I took a much-needed mini vacation last weekend...without the children! You will not be told anything about that trip other than it was blissfully child-free, and we had a heavenly meal from Gianfranco's Trattoria on Linden Street in Carpenteria. If you have the means, I highly suggest stopping in for a delightful meal from start to finish.


Our au-pair, Aunt Dondie, came to look after the urchins. The photographic evidence suggests that they were entertained with a new pool and bathed at least once. Madeline reported that she was fed, and Fi was wearing a clean diaper when we returned. I ask no more. Aunt Dondie, job well done.




Some very important work being done





3-2-1 Lift-off...and Splash-down!






Indiana Fifi and her latest find




Apparently, Rhonda had the girls participate in some sort of Boot Camp, requiring them to drop to their knees and crawl under the slide. Fine with me, they need the discipline.


"Luk a' the size o' tha' crrranium! Ut's uh varchual plahnahtoid!"



BATH TIME!



You can pick your friends.....

3 comments:

Veronica said...

ugh, would you stop posting pictures like this so I can stop coveting your back yard - please! You are causing me to stumble... ok, totally kidding! Looks like they had a ton of fun with Auntie!!

Stephanie said...

Ha, that's funny. I'll let you pay our landscaping bill for the next few months; that might help you feel better! Besides, you live in the beautiful lushness of Oregon. How cool is that!

Jenny said...

I am looking forward to a vacation with no kids. I love them to bits, but appreciate them so much more when I can come back from somewhere fun.
I keep checking your blog and comment in my mind. Apparently I get too distracted to actually type it. Fun to catch up. Could you send me the pictures from Rowen's party of the girls. They're great!
bradandjennytucker@gmail.com