Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What I Was Created For


Fi says, "Whassup mah homies? Yo Yo!" Does anybody remember Larue from Gidget?





Am I wrong to belive that God's purpose for my life is to hang out at the beach all day with my angel daughters? Probably, but that surely will not stop me from taking as many trips as I can to camp at Rincon. For those of you who are not local, it's this really long stretch of road that runs parallel to the ocean near Emma Wood beach in Ventura. You can take your RV there and camp. I would live there if they let you, but you can only stay for up to 5 days in the summer and 10 in the off-season. Anyway, we went during the week, and it was fabulous. We were so close to home that Pat could still go to work for all or part of the day (somebody's gotta make the motorhome payment). Me and the girls hit the beach for a couple of hours everyday and attempted to make sand castles. Well, Maddie and I did; Fi mostly just ate fistfuls of sand. We had campfires at night and even had friends visit for dinner. I was really laughing at all of you suckers who were at work or stuck at home, until the forecast promised thunderstorms and waterspouts. I was bracing myself for being buffeted by horizontal rains and hurricane force winds, but we really only got overnight showers and some morning sprinkles. The rest of the time, it was gorgeous.


Ms. Maddie and Dr. Crank






I thought these kind of mood swings weren't supposed to happen until puberty.


Daddo Rides the Waves

Yes, that is my husband riding a boogie board. "How does she achieve that soft focus effect?" you might ask. Try rubbing some sun screen on the lens.

Maddie's 1st Boogie Board Adventure


Our little Bo Derek look-alike had her first experience on a boogie board this trip. I don't ordinarily make her swim the ocean in her underwear, but I forgot her bathing suit top, and her bottoms were still wet from that morning, so it was purple Hello Kitty panties all the way. She did really well for her first time out. It must be all of that core strength. With Daddo's help, she caught a few waves, but mostly she just liked to hold onto the leash and let the waves hit the board. I think that Daddo may have secretly gotten the board for himself, since he used it everytime she would let him.

No comments: