Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmmmm, Play-dough







Me and the girls were hangin' with our peeps in the OC this weekend, and we had quite a little play dough party at Aunt Rhonda's house on Sunday. We created a smorgasbord of tempting treats, which included a chocolate bar, an egg over easy, a sprinkled donut, a strawberry, a bunch of grapes, a delicious candy, watermelon, bubblegum, a hamburger and lollipops. Of course Rhonda and I were the ones dumb enough to accidentally lick the lollipops for real, and they were pretty disgusting, very salty! Rhonda was pretty jealous because, as play dough food creating skills go, I'm pretty talented. She came up with the egg (a chimp could do that) and the bubblegum (oooh, a pink square, big whoop). Her claim to fame was her strawberry with "seeds" and the donut. Pretty mediocre in my book. My creations were of course more intricate and realistic. My hamburger required multiple elements (note the detail of the sesame seeds) and my grapes were a structure of magnificence. The chocolate bar was mine too, simple, yet sophisticated. I think that there is no question who would come out on top in a play dough throw down! As usual, Fi looked on unimpressed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that my play-doh (not DOUGH, Stephanie) creations were a little more on the simple side because I, unlike other people I might mention, don't like stealing play-doh from a 3 year old because I want to show up my sister. I used the alloted amount of play-doh given to me by Maddie and was still able to make many of the items you see in the picture. Thank you.

PS - Sesame seeds? They were little pieces of white on top of the bun. I believe my watermelon seeds were much more "seed-like" and realistic.

Stephanie said...

Yes, yes, the "name brand" is play-doh; however, I was speaking generically of all forms of malleable clay-like substances. I don't require premium materials to produce a superior product. I can use homemade, store brand, or even mud. As for the watermelon, it only had one color on the rind, and it didn't even adhere to the meat of the melon. Puh-leez!

Jenny said...

Trash talk about play-doh(ough)! I love it! I am so boring. All I can make is a boring snail, but you're giving me some ideas for Cate's birthday party coming up. Hmmmm......

Stephanie said...

Just make sure that you call me for any GOOD ideas (not Rhonda).

Anonymous said...

I will be shunning you for the next 3 years. I reserve the right to un-shun and resume shun at any time.