
To answer your questions: Yes, my children did lay waste to that beautifully set table, and, no, I'm not sure that Elizabeth still has a job there after unleashing our family on her unsuspecting coworkers.
The self-proclaimed champion of Middle Sisters the world over, Will's gorgeous sister Melissa, and his Mama., Suzy.
"I'm gonna touch mom's boo-oob!"
Chachi presides over brunch.

This is either: a) "I am so tired I need to utilize every single facial muscle I have to keep my eyes open." or B) "Heavens to Merkatroid! How on earth did I entangle myself with these people?"

This is either: a) "I am so tired I need to utilize every single facial muscle I have to keep my eyes open." or B) "Heavens to Merkatroid! How on earth did I entangle myself with these people?"
Aunt Dondie and Uncle Chris with all of my kids. I think they need to get some of their own.
"Sisters, sisters....."
Decepticon Chachi
Gigi and my children (I have to remind her they're mine; sometimes she gets confused.)
Man, we are good lookin'!
She could not have been any happier than if I let her eat this:
Giant tower of caramelized sugar. EVERY dessert platter needs one of these. It was delicious.
I like Will, a lot. That said, I have noticed that his facial expressions tend to register as either unsure or slightly inconvenienced.
Unsure?
Slightly inconvenienced - Why, I don't know. His family is lovely. Although, his sister Allison does have a glint of mischief in her eye. Maybe she's pinching him.
My husband, facing an imminent attack by a golden, hairy tower of sugar. Chris sits idly by, seemingly anticipating this ambush with glee.
At some point Fiona gained possession of a camera. She composed this remarkably self-aware photo essay.
The light of the world shines brightly from deep within my soul.
But alas, my world can be so easily shaken from its foundations and turned upside down.
It is in those topsy-turvy times that I gnash my teeth and unleash the rage that burns within me.
Group mug shot - saves the police time.
Oh, I guess there's also the "I'm going to eat your female children" facial expression.
Elizabeth and Will - I can't see his eyes here, but I'm gonna go with slightly inconvenienced.
The Fabulous Trio of Biting Sarcasm
All kidding aside, the brunch was super delicious, and it really was a hugely fun morning. Any family gathering where no one storms away in a fit of anger or ends up crying from unmerciful teasing is a total success for us. So yay! Thanks Will and Elizabeth!!
Stop #2, since we were already in the OC, was to visit Grandma Margred and Auntie Athena. Athena lost no time in sentencing the children to hard labor. I'm cool with that.
Maddie digs for her life as Athena looks on. Chachi carefully selects his method of injury from the table o' dangers.
The result of their child labor.
Grandma and the girlies
Only one of them actually plays (hint: It is not Chachi.)
Fiona, composing a haunting, original melody
Inevitably there was the 2 1/2 hour car ride home. We're swearing off driving to the OC for at least 6 more months.








No comments:
Post a Comment