Monday, October 6, 2008

A few things...

I don't ordinarily use my blog as a political forum, but I just feel compelled to point out a few glaring arguments that seem to be missing from our assessment of Sarah Palin as Vice Presidential Running mate to Senator John McCain:

1) Her lack of foreign policy experience: Ummm, helloooooo??? How much foreign policy experience do you think Bill Clinton had gained as governor of ARKANSAS when he ran for PRESIDENT (not VP, POTUS) in 1992? This is a woman who is governor of a state that sits between the borders of two foreign countries. She may not have a ton of experience, but do you really think they're going to send her to meet with diplomats from Pakistan, Turkey, China, Russia, or any other foreign countries without Kissinger in her pocket (at least at first). She admits she's not strong in foreign policy. Big whoop. She's not going to be single handedly managing the foreign affairs of our nation. Might I also point out that both FDR and Clinton (and 10 other U.S. Presidents) never served in the military, yet as President, they served as Commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. Foreign policy is not her strength. She does not claim it is. She has other things she is bringing to the table.


Let me point out that Obama had the following to say about our lack of translators in Afghanistan due to the war in Iraq:


“We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.”


Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.


Turns out Barak is not a genius in foreign affairs either.


2) She is the only candidate on either ticket with executive experience.


3) The debate: "She did better than I expected." What were your expectations based on? Nobody really knew anything about her.


4) A huge complaint among the American public for the last several years has been the greed of the Oil Companies and their adulterous relationship with our current Presidential Administration. It seems that she has a track record of fighting legislation that allows such greed at the expense of the American taxpayer.


5) My husband would like to point out that Valentino Rossi has already clinched the 2008 MotoGP World Championship with 3 races remaining. I think Vale may have more foreign policy experience than all of the candidates combined.


To be honest, there are a lot of things wrong with all of the candidates, and each of us will vote how our reason and conscience dictate. I don't even necessarily think that Palin was the best choice. I am just tired of hearing the same opinons over and over that are based on fallacies, ignorance, or total emotional bias.

That is all. In case I offended anyone, here are two pictures that will cause you to quickly forgive me. You cannot stay mad at someone who ushered such beauty into the world.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Maddie's picture is totally a mugshot.