Friday, August 24, 2007

When the Mommy's Away....

Because I am such an awesome (and modest) wife and mother, my loving husband agreed to care for our girls for two days so I could jet off for an exciting weekend getaway in Palm Springs. Now let me clarify: by "jet off" I mean drive in a new-ish Honda Odyssey, by "exciting" I mean that me and my friend Sarah got a hotel room and scrapbooked for two days, and by "weekend" I mean Wednesday and Thursday. I did get a massage, but that was more relaxing than exciting. Anyway, it was a great trip, and I got a lot of work done on Maddie's 1st year baby book. But, when I go away like this, I often find myself missing my family and wondering what great things their doing while I'm away. The answers: staying up late and building a wagon and playing hooky to go to the beach.

Every good project begins with Maddie reading the directions and Fi brandishing a tool.

The construction of the wagon was obviously a collaborative effort between the two girls.

Fi taking inventory, "yep, two wheels here."

The finished product, but Fi isn't going to give up her dzus tool.

Dad's Day at the Beach

No comments: