June 21-24 marked vacation season for Familia Martinez. We loaded up the RV, packed up the kiddos, and headed south to sunny San Diego. When we got to the lovely but crowded San Diego KOA (which is actually in Chula Vista), Maddie said, "Are we camping now?" She had been waiting for weeks to go camping in "her" new motorhome. The Reimers joined us on Friday, and we took San Diego by storm. I mean it; we hit Sea World (or "Sea Wars" as Maddie calls it), the beach, the fair, and the zoo. Pretty impressive for two sets of parents with two 2-year olds and two infants between them. Someone should give us a medal. The girls were awesome though. Katie was a trooper even though she crunched her finger pretty badly on the very first day, and Maddie wore big girl panties for the whole trip! I must say that the Shamu show at Sea World was far less impressive than I expected. Some weird tree hugger movie played in the background, Shamu jumped once or twice, then some chubby, Al Gore look alike trainer came out and whined about his childhood dreams. BORING! The dolphin show was much better. According to Maddie, the highlight of the zoo was that, "I get to see Katie there." Sorry Katie; I'll explain to Maddie that you're not a zoo animal when she is old enough to understand! Overall, we had so much fun and were so grateful that God provided the resources for us to take such a fun family trip with our friends.
Sea World
Mission Bay
San Diego County Fair
The Zoo and Homeward Bound
No comments:
Post a Comment