This post is by
Daddo, just to be clear...
This year, because funds were pretty tight, we decided not to do the whole
MotoGP experience, which usually consists of a week off work, camping, tickets,
Motorhome, fuel and of course $400 in apparel at the
Ducati store. My amazing wife
offered this suggestion "Why don't just you and Maddie go for Sunday"? Back off boys, she's all mine. So, that's what we did. We sold our amazing camping spot, found some awesome
last minute deals on tickets, threw our gear in the Mini and hit the road. After the dust settled we netted a positive of about $200 for the weekend,
because of the sale of our spot. If I only could make $200 every weekend to go racing...

5am at Grandma's, the halfway stop between home and
Laguna Seca. That's a Maddie under there. We crashed there Saturday night so we could get up early Sunday and get there by morning warm-up. Just in case you are curious, Thousand Oaks to
Pismo in an RV - 3 hours.
Thousand Oaks to
Pismo in a Mini Copper - 2 hours.


Breakfast of champions. Coffee cake and orange juice from a gas station.

Group of riders going to the track. You see tons of groups like this all weekend.

Self portrait at Morning Warm-Up. We actually almost missed it
because of the always awesome
Laguna Seca traffic direction. It was actually OK
because as we were getting to our Rock Star Parking Spot (thank you eBay!). We could see the bikes from all different spots on the track. And, of course, there is the sound...

"There's
Rossi!"

Maddie posing next to the Mini r
eplacement, the Fiat 500. If they bring this thing over I am first in line. Besides, the Mini has almost 120k on it.
Of course, we had to hit the play area twice.

Maddie spotted the Yamaha track a mile away and remembered it from last year. So, we got her back in and suited up. Yamaha does this every year. They bring a bunch of bikes and gear and teach kids how to ride, super cool.

She went in a little girl...

...she came out a little rider!

The usual suspects...

Maddie and her teacher.

Two-up training.

Sometime after the teacher came over and asked "She rides a two wheeler by herself, right?" To which I said "NO".
Apparently Maddie was trying to get an attempt by herself at the controls.


Wheelie!

All done.

Supermodel

Self portrait. Never mind we are in all of our
Rossi garb in front of the
Rizla Suzuki pit area. Sorry, Loris.



Our next truck.

She likes the lagoon.










Wow.

Ready for the race with my partner-in-crime.




The race!
Pedrosa won (finally), followed by
Rossi (who ALMOST stole it from him in the last corner), then Lorenzo coming in 3rd.

Like clockwork. Parents, can't get your kid to sleep? Take them to a
MotoGP race. Works
every time.

"
Daddo, take a picture of me next to this one."
Loading up. That
is our RSP spot. Another eBay gem.

On our way home, back to coloring.

Self portrait while driving, don't try this at home.

OK. This might seem a bit wierd, but here we go. While we were in line at Yamaha, I saw this guy talking to one of the Yamaha guys and I thought, "That looks like Keith Code." Turns out it was him and I let him get away. Since Maddie is going to one day be a famous rider, I thought it would be funny to get a picture with him. Then when we were on our way home we decided to stop at a pizza place for dinner. This is about an hour or so away from the track. As I was getting out of the car I had this overwhelming feeling to take the camera in, which is silly because we are so far from the action. I finally cave in because really, what is the downside? We walk in and who but who is in there?!! Keith Code! So, I got my picture after all. I think he thought I was crazy, but who cares.

Ice Cream.

And I'm spent.

We got some cool little models for the girls to put together, which turned out to be pretty tough, for me. Here they are.

Fi, the mechanic.

All the pices, the wrld's smallest screws and the world's most useless screw drivers.

I got this one, dad.

Using the srewdriver.

We did it!

Still excited that we did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment