Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Morning at the Theater

Another of the many benefits of homeschooling: I get to take my daughter to fun stuff, like plays, in the middle of the morning, and I don't have to tell anyone where I'm going or why. This is great! We went with a group of our MOPS friends to the Nova Scotia Mermaid Theater production of Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. Madeline's review of the play was, "It was FUN!" It really was. I was kicking myself for not keeping Fiona out of school and bringing her along. She would have LOVED it.

Maddie and her sweet friend, Elise outside the theater

Elise and Maddie inside the theater

Me and my girl. She sat on my lap for nearly the entire play. It doesn't happen often that she sits on my lap, so it was a real treat for me.


The set for Goodnight Moon was all black light and special blacklight paint that glowed in the dark.



The puppeteers demonstrating how the black lights work during the question and answer period at the end of the performance.

No comments: