Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nesting

So, I guess this baby is gonna be here soon. That means that Fifi gets booted from her room and her crib, and she will now share a room with Madeline. We have assigned her the bottom bunk the of the new bunk beds, for obvious reasons. We also have to man-ify nursery a bit; it's a little fem. We're going to blue it up, and hope that the lavender glider will still blend in.

As with all of the mundane, unpleasant tasks in my life, I talk my sister into doing it for me. She is, afterall, the master of all assemble-it-yourself home and office furnishings.


Construction phase 3

I like to take and publish embarassing photographs of my sister.


Taking her for a spin...


Fiona is likin' her big girl bed.


I can see we are going to have to have a talk about appropriate top bunk behavior. I am already lining the floor with couch cushions for when she falls out.

Ahhhhhh!

Maddo and Daddo


Ya' think she's comfy?

AAAAAAAH! I can't believe I am letting her sleep up there!

The completed nursery


The nursery from another angle, with just a hint of giant preggo belly.

Is it manly enough?

The girls' room, complete with new bunk beds


It worked out that this corner of the room fit their kitchen perfectly. Now they have a fun little kitchen nook.




Daddo wanted to make sure that Fiona felt like this was her room, too, and not just her moving into Madeline's room. So, he handmade and framed these foam letters to spell out her name. I think he could make a nice little side income from his newly discovered craftiness.


It will stay this clean for exactly 7 minutes.

Nesting at its finest. I couldn't rest until the dining room chairs were recovered. Another job to rope Rhonda in on (although I did help with this one).

No comments: